dmaidon

Kris Bridges - 2017

1 post in this topic

April 6, 2017

Dear Chapter President,

Please accept this letter as notification that I am announcing my candidacy for the ICC Board of Directors. By this announcement, I am also requesting your support for this effort. This is a position I have planned and pursued going back to my time as a VBCOA officer. I’ve worked hard not only to have positions in preparation for this effort, but to keep them and do my best to shine a positive light on the building safety professional. As a member of the Certified Building Official Exam Development committee, I have participated in every meeting, where we have overhauled and streamlined both the CBO and CFM exam process, introduced new plans and schematics, which facilitated the removal of old outdated and ineffective drawings, and updated our reference materials to remove one $90 book that was needed for only one question in the entire exam bank. My ICC Committee service has also included the International Swimming Pool and Spa drafting committee, the 2012 ISPSC code cycle, the 2015 and 2018 IRC code cycle, where I accepted the role as chair of each of these high profile committees. I stepped up to be ICC Region VII Treasurer and Secretary, where I quickly had to learn more about budgets, handling an ICC Chapter’s money, taxes, international money transfers, and hotel contracts than I ever thought I would have to. I am currently serving on the ICC-ES Board of Managers, something I see as an intermediate step that could help me make a bridge between a $60,000.00 a year association to a $60mil a year company. I am an ICC Instructor and was asked to participate not as a student but as a presenter at the Journey to Leadership programs, one of a few that is not a Past Presiding Officer, in order to add the prospective of a small locality.

I have attached my resume and should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you for your time and attention.

cid:image001.png@01D0CF77.9AFF39E0Sincerely,

Kris Bridges, MCP, CBO

Kris Bridges, MCP, CBO

Building Official

City of Martinsville – Inspections

55 W Church St

P.O. Box 1112

Martinsville, VA 24114-1112

(276) 403-5171 office

(276) 403-5381 fax

(276) 252-7769 cell

resume 2017.docx

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online